Progress Flight Over Apple Campus #2 Construction
Hey guys! Check out the steady progress of the new Apple Campus 2, currently under construction.
You can see why they call it the Apple Spaceship Campus!
Watch the September 2015 progress video, narrated by Steve Jobs
Some Quick Facts:
- Location: Cupertino, California
- Employ 12,000 people
- 2.8 million square feet ring building (The Pentagon is 3.7M SF; currently the world’s largest office building)
- 100,000 square foot fitness center
- 120,000 undergound auditorium for hosting events
- Scheduled to be completed at end 2016
- Hundreds of trees and orchards will adorn the campus (apples maybe!?)
- Central garden inside the ring
Aligning with Apple’s “tight-security” directives, the entire campus will be surrounded by earth-berm banks which obstruct views from the adjacent community. However, the campus will contain a visitor’s center, complete with a cafe, observation deck, and an Apple store (of course!).
Watch the updated Set-Oct progressvideo
Update: In San Jose, Apple is securing a development agreement for a plot of land that could hold a 4.15 million square foot campus! As if the 2.8 Million Apple Spaceship Campus wasn’t big enough!
Thanks to UAV pilot Duncan Sinfiel for these flyovers!